Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Cathy Glass



Was browsing books at the book store when I came across this book, Cut.
A heartwarming story of a young girl who has a terrible childhood, rejected by her parents and left to fend for herself, then subjected to violent treatment by her relatives then soon realizes that her worst enemy is herself.

I really admire Cathy Glass's strength, patience ,courage and enthusiasm. She is an author and foster carer. She has been a foster carer for over 20 years and looked after more than 50 children! She begin writing the books to highlight the plight of vulnerable children and hopefully to improve the system.

As an educator myself, I have never work with foster kids before and does not know how it feels like being one. Working with children is tough, working with foster kids is even tougher? I am sure I will need a lot of courage, strength, patience and tolerence. I really take my hat off her!
Cathy Glass's stories are really inspiring and made me even more want to make a difference in every child's life and help children in need whenever I can.

Other heartwarming stories by Cathy Glass:
Damaged
Hidden
The saddest Girl in the World

http://www.cathyglass.co.uk/index.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment